The genesis of Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation Limited [TSREDCO] took place, In pursuance of the section 53 of the AP Reorganization Act 2014, a separate Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation Ltd., (TSREDCO) has been created vide G.O. Ms no.25 dated 03.09.2015 of Energy (CC) Department , to act as Nodal Agency for implementing all New and Renewable Energy Programmes and also nominated as State Designated Agency (SDA), for implementing all Energy Conservation activities in the state respectively for Energy Security of the State.
The sole objectives of TSREDCO are to:
- Planning and preparation of Policies for promoting Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation activities
- Encourage and Promote Renewable Energy activities and Energy Conservation activities
- Monitoring& Verification of initiated Renewable Energy Technologies
- Import, upgrade and adapt upcoming technologies in areas of Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation
- Promote R&D in the field of Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation
- Renewable Energy activities in the state consist of Biomass, Bagasse, Solar, Wind, Mini Hydel, Waste based power projects (Grid and Off-Grid)
- Energy Conservation activities in the state consists of Promotion of Energy Conservation in SMEs, Large Industries, Commercial Establishments and transport sector, Demand Side Management Activities includes AgDSM, MuDSM, promotion of Energy Efficient Equipment’s and conducting awareness workshops and training programmes for promoting Energy Conservation
"To be a pioneer institute in the area of promotion of Energy Conservation Initiatives and Renewable Energy programmes/ Projects with state-of-art technologies coupled with experts and technocrats to present highly competitive and efficient Services to the End User "
The Mission is to Promote, Develop, Enforce, Encourage, Popularize and carry out Research & consultancy for Implementation of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Projects in the state in due consultation with State and Central Governments.